Very Good Farmland
190 Acres / For Sale Great for Coffee Plantation
- Ideal for coffee, bananas, dairy, citrics... anything
- Type: Lots and Land
- Style: Other
- Development Level: Land Only
- Lot Size: 190 acres
THE SOFT MOUNTAINS OF CIALES - VERY BEAUTIFUL AGRICULTURAL LAND
197 Cuerdas = 190 Acres of Land
REDUCED PRICE TO $5,000 PER CUERDA
Located approximately at a 35 minute drive from Hwy 22 via the Manati / Ciales. Consisting of two parcels:
Parcel #1: 59.4 Cuerdas = 57 Acres
Parcel #2: 138 Cuerdas = 134 Acres
1 CUERDA = .97 ACRE
You will like that the property has plenty internal roads and fences; and is "tested" in a variety of crops. But the best and more rare attribute is that this property has gentle topography, that allows for mechanical preparation (tractors) in most of the terrain, rare for a property this size in the mountain region. This property was once an award winning coffee plantation.
The zone / property has a good country vibe, with good fresh air. In other words it is a great place to work and live.
The owner has made a living of growing crops and cattle in the property for several decades, although he loves it everyday, he is ready to retire. Currently most of the land is dedicated to cattle. Post Hurricane Maria there is still patches of coffee. Before the hurricane season of 2017 in had a good % of coffee and bananas planted.
1. A great place to make it home, to disconnect. This property for some people is the idilic place to have a a main residence or second home.
2. Coffee plantation and most tropical crops, cattle.
Economic benefits of developing agriculture in Puerto Rico include: Source - http://ddec.pr.gov/es/empresarismo/incentivos-empresariales/assets/downloads/agricultura/
> 100% tax exemption of agriculture related equipment
> 100% tax exemption on property taxes (land, buildings, vehicles, etc.)
> 90% tax exemption in taxable income from agricultural activities
> Tax credits on 50% on elegible agricultural activity
"Many companies have identified Puerto Rico as a fertile ground for agriculture because of our tropical climate, water supply, ease of trade with the United States, attractive incentives and high-caliber agricultural talent. Due to the climatic conditions, in Puerto Rico, 4 to 5 harvests per year can be produced compared to the United States where one crop can be produced per year." - WWW.BUSINESSINPUERTORICO.COM
>Some of the interesting information I found in the internet from a 2012 study done by Prof. Miguel F. Monroig: http://academic.uprm.edu/mmonroig/HTMLobj-1670/Situacion_Cafe_en_PR_2015F.pdf
- Less that 1.61% of coffee plantations had a size of 100 Cuerdas or more (1 cuerda = .97 acre)
- 0.69% of the Coffee plantations are 175 cuerdas or more.
- Of near 3,400 coffee growers, 199 as of year 2012 had the capacity to de-pulp and dry their coffee production.
- 24% of coffee haciendas (that process coffee and sells it dry) produce 80% of the coffee in the island.
- 90% of the ready to consume coffee is elaborated by 10% of the coffee "torrefactores".
For those that appreciate nature and see the benefits in good air, healthy living and disconnecting once in a while, this can be the property for you.
Qualified buyers only. Showings by appointment only
Brokered and Advertised by :
Puerto Rico Beach Properties
Information is deemed to be correct but not guaranteed.